Who doesn’t love a good pasta bake? Seeing as I ran out of onions and couldn’t find any in stock for my home delivery, I used shallots for this recipe as a substitute instead. The chorizo really is the star of this dish and adds a depth of flavour to the sauce. A satisfying meal that’s quick and easy to make.
Serves 2-3 (depending on how hungry you are)
What you’ll need:
150g Spanish chorizo, diced
2 shallots, finely chopped
1-2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
400g tinned tomatoes
1 tbsp of tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 200˚C
2) Bring a pot of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt before throwing the pasta in.
3) Meanwhile, heat up a pan and dry-fry the diced chorizo until crispy – the chorizo will give off oil (where the flavour is!)
4) Add the shallots and saute for about 2 mins then throw in the red pepper flakes, if using.
5) Pour in the tinned tomatoes, add the tomato paste, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for aprox. 5 mins
6) Drain the cooked pasta and add to the sauce.
7) Tip the contents into a large baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
8) Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until golden brown and bubbling (mmM love the cripsy bits).
9) Plate up and enjoy!
Till next time…
Leave a Reply